Links to Other Sites
International transfer of Your personal information
Due to the international nature of our business, we may need to transfer Your personal information to other Buckzy entities, to other third parties as noted in the “Who we might share Your information with” section of this policy, and recipients, in connection with the purposes set out in this Policy. For this reason, we may transfer Your personal information to other countries that may have different laws and data protection compliance requirements to those that apply in the country in which You are located. Buckzy will take reasonable steps to ensure that personal information is protected and any such transfers comply with applicable law.
Where recipients are located outside of Canada we ensure that the information will be protected by safeguards comparable to Canada’s privacy Laws; or by methods including using contractual clauses, or by ensuring the recipient is subject to laws of another jurisdiction that provides comparable protection to the Privacy Laws.
We also ensure that our data protection and information security controls applying to Your personal information in Canada continue to apply in the hands of our affiliates or contracted service providers located overseas.
How we keep Your personal information secure
We have implemented appropriate administrative, technical and organisational security measures designed to protect Your personal information against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure, unauthorised access, and other unlawful or unauthorised forms of Processing, in accordance with applicable law.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet (including by email) is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect Your personal information, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of Your data transmitted to our site; and any transmission is at Your own risk. Please note that You are responsible for maintaining the security of Your credentials used to access any Buckzy service or account, and You must report suspected unauthorized activity to us. Once we have received Your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We make reasonable efforts to restrict access to information to only those employees, contractors, and agents who need such access in order to operate, develop, improve, or deliver our programs, products, and services.
Protecting Your own information
It is important to keep Your password secure to prevent fraudulent use of Your account. Do not disclose Your password to anyone else and especially anyone who requests it from You by telephone or email. Buckzy will never ask You to provide Your password or personal information via email. Please be aware of the following:
- Change Your password regularly and avoid using the same password on other websites to prevent hackers from access to Your account;
- Avoid simple passwords that can easily be guessed;
- Be aware that public WiFi networks are risky and hackers may capture Your online transactions and personal information. Only connect to a network You can trust;
- If You use a shared computer, make sure You log out immediately after You have finished using the website; and
- Beware of ‘phishing’ where criminals may attempt to steal Your information by sending You bogus emails.
How long will we keep Your personal information
We take every reasonable step to ensure that Your personal information is only retained for as long as it is required for the purposes set out in this Policy. Therefore, we will only keep the information we collect about You for as long as required for the purposes set out above, or as required to comply with any legal or regulatory obligations to which we are subject. This will involve us regularly reviewing our files to check that information is accurate, up-to-date and still required.
The period for which we will retain information about You will vary depending on the type of information and the purposes for which we will use it. Generally, unless applicable law or our legal and regulatory obligations require a longer retention period, we will keep our records for at least five years after You have terminated Your relationship with us.
Subject to applicable law, You may have a number of rights regarding our processing of Your relevant personal information, including:
- the right not to provide Your personal information to us (however, please note that we may be unable to provide You with the full benefit of our site, or our services, if You do not provide us with Your personal information);
- the right to request access to Your personal information, together with information regarding the nature, Processing and disclosure of that personal information;
- the right to request for the correction of any inaccuracies in Your personal information;
- the right to request for the erasure of Your personal information. This is also known as the right to be forgotten. We will keep a note of Your name if You ask for Your personal information to be erased;
- the right to prevent processing for direct marketing purposes as stated in the Direct Marketing section of this Policy;
- the right that we restrict our use of Your personal information;
- where we use Your personal information on the basis of Your consent, You have the right to withdraw that consent (noting that such withdrawal does not affect the lawfulness of any processing performed prior to the date on which we receive notice of such withdrawal, and does not prevent the processing of Your personal information in reliance upon any other available legal basis); and
- the right to lodge complaints with the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada regarding the use of Your personal information by us or on our behalf.
We may require proof of Your identity before we can give effect to these rights. You should also be aware that some of these rights are qualified and not absolute; therefore exemptions or limitations may apply. For example, we can refuse to provide information if fulfilling Your request would reveal the personal information about another person, or if You request that we delete information which we are required to retain by law, have compelling legitimate interests to keep, or need access to fulfil our legal obligations.
You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if You want to enforce any of these rights. We will comply with our legal obligations as regards Your rights as a data subject.
Any request for access to Your personal information must be in writing and we will endeavour to respond within a reasonable period and in any event within one month (three months for complex or numerous requests), in compliance with Data Protection Legislation. We reserve the right to charge a reasonable fee (reflecting the costs of providing the information) or to refuse to respond where requests are manifestly unfounded or excessive: in this case, we will explain the situation to You and we will inform You about Your rights.